Hi

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Mon Aug 29 07:16:09 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 12:09 AM, Spencer Thompson wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD.org,

Hi,

> I would like to order a CD with FreeBSD for an IBM Thinkpad.  What is the
> best package to get?  Will it work perfectly?

"Working perfectly" depends on your usage.
If some here tells you "yes" (or "no"), without asking for more _and_
precise details, you'll be right to have doubt.

> I'm wanting the best operating system for my laptop.

IMHO, You'd better look for the best OS for you _usage_.

> Is this the one?  Why
> is it free of charge when I want to pay for it?  I don't want something
> stupid.

Please, be serious :-).
Wanting the best is very good, but if you dont share several element of
your criteria, it wont be possible to help.

> I don't want to read the man-pages on the internet.  Or the manual on the
> internet.  Nor download anything.  I don't like that.
>
> Does it come with all the applications I need for business and marketing?

What's you business? What marketing tool do you need? Are you sure that
is an OS level matter?

Anyway, that guy feels strange & weird.

--
RMA.