wireless access point in FreeBSD 8.2p2

Paul Beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:39:47 UTC 2011

On Aug 28, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Warren Block wrote:

> IMO, the wireless section is already so stuffed full of detail that it obscures the basics.  In fairness, it's a complicated topic.  But I'd much rather see a simple setup for the 80% use case followed by another section with all the grimy details that most people won't need.  That's why I did this: http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/wireless.html

I'll read through that and see if it helps me at all.

I found this — "'Hidden' SSIDs are not really hidden. They make network setup more difficult and provide no real security benefits." — interesting. I assume you could figure them out from wardriving?

--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?