how can I use portmaster to update but skip a package

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 11:13:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:
> 2011-08-27 13:18, Antonio Olivares skrev:
>

>> I succeeded in updating like 5 packages out of 21, but now gnome-mount
>> does not compile :(
>>
>> gnome-mount.c:44:30: error: libnotify/notify.h: No such file or directory
>
> You don't seem to have libnotify installed which will get you notify.h.

It was there, but something could have been wrong?  I cd'd to
/usr/ports/devel/libnotify and ran
make install clean, and it told me that it was already installed and
that I should run make deinstall & reintstall again.  After I did
that, now gnome-mount gets updated and only Libreoffice bombs out:

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice

	===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
	===>>> build is too fragile and break too often -- try libreoffice-legacy

	===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
	       BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.

===>>> Update for libreoffice-3.3.3_2 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... done.
Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
No updates needed.
Ports tree is already up to date.
	===>>> New version available: libreoffice-3.4.2_1
===>>> 669 total installed ports
	===>>> 1 has a new version available

This one might be worked on, so I think it will be better to wait for
the problems to be worked on and then reinstall, unless someone has
successfully updated to latest version and advices to proceed.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Antonio