bridged wireless access point in FreeBSD 8.2p2

Paul Beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 06:03:58 UTC 2011

On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:48 PM, CyberLeo Kitsana wrote:

> This looks correct so far, for an unsecured wireless access point. The
> wlan0 device is the interface you will use for communicating; the ath0
> device exists solely as a target for wlan0 creation.

After some more head scratching, it sounds like what I want is a bridge. Reading if_bridge(4), the first example looks a lot like what I am trying to do.

My initial attempt didn't fare any better but I expect I have a lot of cruft to dig through from the earlier attempts.

Did I misread this? Does sending packets between two physical interfaces require a bridge? No other docs have mentioned it but of their "easy instructions" have worked either.
--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?