shopping for a new server

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Aug 25 18:33:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:08:28 -0400
Tim Kellers articulated:

> Thank you Max, that sounds like good news so far.
> >
> > One minor issue I ran into is that disabling serial ports in BIOS
> > causes FreeBSD to freeze when booting. The solution is simply to set
> > serial ports to be "On without Console Redirection." You should also
> > leave Intel I/OAT disabled, since FreeBSD has no support for it.

Is anyone working on integrating support into FreeBSD? There is an
abundance of info available and drivers for both Windows (obviously)
and Linux.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/IntelPRO/R167266/en/ioat.htm
http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-023725.htm

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.