ZFS and NFS or CIFS

Henry M henry95 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:28:38 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

If you are transferring data from a Windows machine, your best bet would be
to use SAMBA. Windows communicates with samba pretty easily. You essentially
just mount a network drive, and transfer the files you want.

Here are a few links to get you started:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-samba.html
http://www.freebsddiary.org/samba.php

The samba configs are pretty straight forward, you just need to make
permissions are correct.

Good luck!

Regards,
Henry