Can *you* UFS snapshot a filesystem with 9.0-BETA1?

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Fri Aug 19 18:15:35 UTC 2011

Le Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:22:31 +0100,
Hugo Silva <hugo at barafranca.com> a écrit :

Hello,

> I'm wondering. On a virtual machine (amd64 HVM+PV), it's crashing
> every time. Not sure if this is SNAFU, as I had never used ufs
> snapshots on freebsd before.
>
> After running mksnap_ffs, ssh stops working (a telnet session doesn't
> show the sshd banner). The ssh session where the command was run from
> stops responding, the webserver dies and xm console'ing from the dom0
> works, but the VM is unresponsive (ie no login prompt on ENTER).
>
> Anyone else seeing the same?

I've tried in a FreeBSD guest (9.0-beta1/i386) into VirtualBox and
I see a LOR (or looks like a LOR), then the system is freezed.
This is 100% reproductible.

Unfortunatly, I'm not able to dump a panic or to break into the
debugger, so a screenshot :
http://user.lamaiziere.net/patrick/public/lormksnap.png

You should ask on freebsd-current@

Regards.