linux-perl ?

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Sun Aug 14 11:00:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been searching list archives regarding an old thread that talks
about perl dbd oracle on fbsd:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-database/2006-October/000465.html

My problem is not exactly the same but I need to proxy a specific
proprietary perl library that uses xs and was built for linux.
I agree with the conclusion of the thread, and I doubt there is a way
that fbsd perl would be able to work with this lib directly.

So, I was thinking of installing this "linux-perl" on compat and just
proxy the lib methods via a daemon (even simple http web service) so I
can use the lib through fbsd perl by mean of lwp, for example.

This "linux-perl" is mentioned in the thread several times but I don't
seem to find information about this anywhere else in the archive, and
perl doesn't seem to be in the f10 compats either.

I've STFW and I can't seem to find any other obvious reference to this
linux-perl stuff.

So what is this linux-perl they are talking about in this thread?

Does anybody know how I can build/install a perl 5.10 or above that
can run in the f10 compat layer?

TIA!

--
Alejandro Imass