library with click built-in?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Aug 13 01:34:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:02:24 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	thanks.  i have _never_ heard the BEL inmy version of
> 	ubuntu.  my server is a 2-proc dell, too cheap to
> 	have a real spkr; it does beep [bbarely] thanks to some kind
> 	of piezo gimmick. but no speaker connections.

This is typical for today's hardware. In some cases,
it's possible to remove the piezo "speaker" and attach
a regular one, but this _might_ kill something on the
mainboard, so it's not adviced. In worst case, it should
be possible to get the signal and put it through a simple
amplifier (e. g. an A210, but that's too much work for
just a beep).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany