Installing a more recent version of xorg-server?

Ismael Farfán sulfurfff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:48:46 UTC 2011

2011/8/3 Thomas D. Dean <tomdean at speakeasy.org>:
> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 19:43 -0700, Ismael Farfán wrote:
>
> Look at the keyboard section of 'man Xorg'
>
> Does ctrl-alt-keypad-plus change the display?
>
> tomdean

Hi

I forgot to enable hald and dbus, that's why the keyboard and
mouse didn't work... sorry about that.

Now I'm working at 1024x768
(II) VESA(0): Not using mode "1600x900" (no mode of this name)

I'll try to upgrade only the intel video driver instead of the whole
xorg-server, if successful hopefully I'll get a little HW acceleration
too, any help on that is welcome : )

Regards

--
How do you create an operating system on Linux Ubuntu 9.10?