Why does Perl ExtUtils::MakeMaker install hang on FBSD Jail?

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Thu Aug 4 17:23:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

This post is related to this Perlmonks discussion:

http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=918414

But this particular post has to do with the FBSD part of the thread....

The MakeMaker build hangs in the test: INSTALL_BASE.t

In this line, it never seems to return from the run() sub:

my $install_out = run("$make install");

If you eliminate this test, everything else works fine and you can
carry on with your business. The modules builds fine in the root
server where the jails are derived from so I'm guessing it has to do
with the way Jails handles that particular make install of Big-Dummy.
This is because I've tried to debug this and run() works correctly
several times before this line. So it is *very* wierd. But I can't be
the only person using the CPAN shell on an Jail !

Thanks

--
Alejandro Imass