Linux Binary Compatibility: Libpam compile for FreeBSD

Traiano Welcome Traiano.Welcome at mtnbusiness.co.za
Mon Aug 1 22:07:00 UTC 2011

Hi Boris

 (apologies for top-posting)

 Thanks, I had to go this way in the end. My process was:

 1. enable linux binary compatibility on freebsd.
 2. build a debian chroot environment using debootstrap
 3. obtain some binaries that I could not find in the debian package repos by extracting them directly from the from binary packages with rpm2cpio
 4. copy all the linux binaries to /usr/compat/linux/lib ... as per the FreeBSD Handbook

  After that the binary works perfectly :-) FreeBSD Linux-Binary-Compatibility FTW!!!

Regards,
Traiano