How to be an imap Client?

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Thu Apr 21 13:21:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:34:32 -0400 Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
 > On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:22:35 -0700
 > perryh at pluto.rain.com <perryh at pluto.rain.com> articulated:
 >
 > > Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
 > >
 > > > On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:01:28 -0500
 > > > Martin McCormick <martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu> articulated:
 > > >
 > > > Why are you blacklisted? It seems correcting that problem
 > > > would be my first priority.
 > >
 > > Being a university, okstate.edu has students, most of whom are
 > > not in the CIS department or in any way under control of the CIS
 > > department's sysadmin.  Need I say more?
 >
 > Actually yes. Ignoring for a moment the reply you sent me directly,
 > conveniently bypassing the group forum,

perry's message, like this one, was likely posted to you, cc the list.
That's long been customary on freebsd lists, even this 'kindergarten'
one; noone 'conveniently bypassed' anything.  If you don't like private
copies, sent as a courtesy, just delete them and move on.

The last thing we need is people here to troll on behalf of M$ stamping
their feet, demanding we change the way we've always used these lists.

 > are you implying that these
 > students are using the University's web mail for possible illegal
 > actions and no one is policing that action?

Ah Jerry, good to see you end your admonition with a little humour!

cheers, ian

"He only does it to annoy, because he knows it teases" -- Lewis Carroll