#>make all vs #/make buildworld

mnorwick at centurytel.net mnorwick at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 20 23:57:32 UTC 2011

Good Day;

Okay, stupid question answered!  I found the appropriate section of the Handbook which tells the reasons to use the right build procedure.  I then CVSup'd source and ports today.  make buildworld seems to be executing as expected.  Then... the screen blanked and the mouse and keyboard quit working but, that is a story for another day.  I can ssh into the machine from a laptop and see the processes running.  I'll wait until the drive light stops indicating activity and ps -A tells me the build process has finished, then do a shutdown -r remotely.

Thank You,
michael