can't determine sound card driver to use in /etc/rc.conf

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:52:58 UTC 2011

> This MAY be a codec problem. You can try the following:
> First mount the DVD (cd_9660), then use mplayer on one
> of the VOB files directly. Choose one of the bigger
> files for this test, and maybe use mplayer's -v option
> to get an idea what may be wrong - the program should
> tell you about this.
>
> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

Here's output from shell

[olivares at grulla ~]$ mplayer dvd://1
MPlayer SVN-r32577-snapshot-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

Playing dvd://1.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.BU.
Can't open VMG info!
No stream found to handle url dvd://1

Exiting... (End of file)
[olivares at grulla ~]$

I have tried different movies and get similar results :(

[olivares at grulla ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD grulla 8.2-RELEASE-p0 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p0 #0: Sat Apr  2
15:06:58 UTC 2011
root at hybrid.freebsdgr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
[olivares at grulla ~]$ uname -m
amd64