Stopping Less from creating Log Files

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Apr 11 17:09:55 UTC 2011

This is a minor problem but I use "more" to read Email messages
from nmh. If one forgets what screen one is in, it is possible
to start typing and create a log file of the message in which
ever mailbox directory one is reading out of.

	The man page for more is actually linked to less even
though FreeBSD has /usr/bin/more and less. I even tried in the
.mh_profile to call more with -Oo/dev/null but if you hit a key,
the "logfile" prompt appears and any subsequent key strokes are
part of the new file name.

	This really is only a minor nuisance because it creates
junk files that then have to be removed from the directory. So,
if there is a way to make more or less not write anything, it
would be more or less appreciated.

	Many thanks in advance.