Options for Secondary DNS Service?

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Mon Apr 11 10:11:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Pierre-Luc Drouin
<pldrouin at pldrouin.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a secondary DNS service. Any suggestion? It is not for a
> non-profit organisation so I am not necessarily looking for a free solution,
> but I am wondering if there are reliable solutions for less than what dyndns
> charges ($40 /year/zone).
>
> Thanks!

If you're able/willing to transfer your domain to gandi.net, they
offer free secondary dns service. It is enabled by adding
ns6.gandi.net as one of the nameservers. I've been using it without
any issues for a few years with djbdns as primary server.

- Max