Mailing list etiquette (Was: Re: Linksys-E4200 Wireless N-router)

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:10:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:11:52 -0600
Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> articulated:

> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 06:42:16PM +0100, Arthur Chance wrote:
> >
> > section 8.6 starts:
> >
> > ---- start quote ----
> > Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, reply to the sender
> > and to FreeBSD-questions.
> > ---- end quote ----
>
> I, for one, am glad this does not happen more often.  I really do
> *not* need a bunch of duplicates cluttering up my inbox.  I have yet
> to see anyone complain of not receiving a CC in addition to the mail
> from the list.
>
> I consider "not cluttering up the inboxes of people subscribed to the
> list" a "good reason to do otherwise".

Chad, it is common sense thinking like that, that will inevitable get
you chastised.

By the way, did you notice I directed a polite, one sentence directive
towards Odhiambo. Suddenly, every buttinsky crawls out of the woodwork,
sans any factual input on my original post and hijacks this thread
championing their own views on replying to posts. I have no problem
with that as long as they start a new thread, being sure to CC each
other and thereby waste their time discussing it among themselves. To
hijack another thread displays no only their lack of basic posting
etiquette, but their narcissism.

It is a shame when individuals like, but not limited to, Maciej
Milewski, Chuck Swiger, Bryan H. and even Odhiambo contribute useful
information only to be over shadowed by those other morons.

Absolutely pathetic.

I was going to CC all those who argued so feverishly in favor of the
protocol, but then common sense and plain decency got the better of me.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com