Mailing list etiquette (Was: Re: Linksys-E4200 Wireless N-router)

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Apr 8 19:24:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 06:42:16PM +0100, Arthur Chance wrote:

> section 8.6 starts:
>
> ---- start quote ----
> Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, reply to the sender and
> to FreeBSD-questions.
> ---- end quote ----

I, for one, am glad this does not happen more often.  I really do *not*
need a bunch of duplicates cluttering up my inbox.  I have yet to see
anyone complain of not receiving a CC in addition to the mail from the
list.

I consider "not cluttering up the inboxes of people subscribed to the
list" a "good reason to do otherwise".