Linksys-E4200 Wireless N-router

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:21:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:51:41 +0100
Arthur Chance <freebsd at qeng-ho.org> articulated:

> On 04/07/11 15:32, Carmel wrote:
> > Odhiambo, please don't CC me. I don't need multiple copies of the
> > same post.
>
> CCing the original poster is standard etiquette on FreeBSD mailing
> lists. Most lists are open to anybody to mail to without being signed
> up, so when replying there's no way of knowing whether or not the
> questioner will see a reply that only goes to the list. This is
> especially true of freebsd-questions.

1) I have posted several times on this list and only received CC's on
two of them that I can recall. Obviously your standard is not so
standard.

2) I placed a very clear notice at the bottom of my post(s). Many
people would consider that a clue as to my desire to receive multiple
copies of the same document.

3) Perhaps it is only me; however, most of the major lists that I
employ all require a registration by the poster prior to being allowed
to post.

4) I have seen several posts where the OP requested to be CC'd because
they were not registered members of the list. Obviously, they were
aware of the necessity of being CC'd or reading the archives in order
to review any posts to their request. Now, is someone is just so plain
stupid that they are not aware of that simple fact, then they are too
stupid to be posting to begin with.

5) If you noticed, I asked Odhiambo very nicely not to include me in a
CC. I am sure he meant well; however, the inevitable destruction of
electrons in the transmission of the superfluous document could have
been avoided.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com