am i back up....???

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 4 22:53:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Arthur Chance <freebsd at qeng-ho.org> wrote:
> In the near future I'm probably going to have to implement a web mail system
> for times when my clients are travelling and don't have access to an IMAP
> capable client. If Roundcube isn't a decent solution, what is?

I kind of like SquirrelMail.  It handles threading better than most of
the open-source webmail systems, although that's a pretty low bar. ;)

To be honest, though, a few months ago I realized that I was primarily
using webmail (due to using a lot of different workstations), that
spam was getting worse and worse, and that none of my available
webmail and spam-filtering options were working as well as the ones
that were on my Gmail account.  So I switched my personal domain over
to a free Google Apps account.  I've been pretty pleased with it so
far.  There's nothing wrong with running a personal email server if
that's your thing, but in my case it had long since ceased to be fun
and was just one more thing to maintain.