About using setenv within Login.conf, then interpolate

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 09:06:57 UTC 2011

On 02/04/2011 09:04, David Marec wrote:
> I am using the following /etc/login.conf cap-file, that defines the
> "french class" as an interpolate from "default":
>

> <--- --->
> default:\
>         :passwd_format=md5:\
>         :copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
>         :welcome=/etc/motd:\
>         :setenv=MAIL=/var/mail/$\
>         ,BLOCKSIZE=K\
>         ,FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES\
>
> [...etc.]
> french|Utilisateurs francophones:\
>         :charset=ISO-8859-15:\
>         :setenv=LC_COLLATE=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_MONETARY=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_TIME=fr_FR.ISO8859-15\
>         ,LC_ALL=fr_FR.ISO8859-15:\
>         :lang=fr_FR.ISO8859-15:\
>         :tc=default:
>
> <--- --->
>
> But, the "setenv" tags that are defined for "default" are not set for
> french user:

Uh -- the setenv entry in your french class replaces the capability from
the default class.  You get one or the other, not both.  This is
consistent with what would happen with any of the other capabilities.

I don't think there is a way to refer to a capability setting from a
parent class in the way you want.  You're just going to have to
cut'n'paste the text into your new class.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3