Kerberos and su to root

Chris Telting christopher-ml at telting.org
Sat Apr 2 00:20:53 UTC 2011

I have multiple systems and jails at my home.  I would very much like to
implement a single sign on strategy with kerberos.  I think it's safer
than having private keys on every single box.  I can easily do this for
shh user logins to multiple boxes.  But I like to sign in as a user and
then su to root when I get there.  (Forget about sudo, I am
administering these boxes and don't want to type sudo for every single
command, it's not a user machine).  From what I understand of Kerberos I
would need change identity and type a password every time I ksu which is
what I'm trying to avoid.

Am I right that it is imposable to maintain multiple simultaneous
credentials and get the right one to automatically be used?