Mother board compatibility and CF card usage as main storage device for small DNS server

Nathan Vidican nathan at vidican.com
Thu Sep 30 15:19:42 UTC 2010

MFS == memory filesystem; aka ram-disk. The problem being that on reboot,
MFS looses all its contents, therefore practices like storing the 'startup'
state for a filesystem in an archive (tar file works well) and
mounting/copying on startup works well. Conversely, if you need to modify
that startup state you can just over-write the tarfile again.