Not Sure Which Package has mssql_connect.

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 29 14:35:51 UTC 2010

Martin McCormick wrote:
> I just upgraded a system from FreeBSD6.3 to 8.1 and only have 2
> loose ends so far.
>
> 	One is that I discovered some of my C code needs a
> little touching up to continue to work right and the other is
> that we have an application on our system that uses freetds and
> makes mysql queries and presently gives me the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in
>
> Line number of script is given and that line reads:
>
> $numero= mssql_connect("sql" , "natreg1" , "PASSWD" );
>
> 	As soon as I find out what port or package contains
> mysql_connect, we should be back in business.
>
> 	I did install mysql50-client. It does not contain the
> mysql_connect routine so I deleted it. I installed the port
> called mysql-connector-odbc which looked like a good possibility
> but it also does not have the connect routine.
>
> 	I installed php5 to get the php interpreter so it is
> possible that I have the wrong php and another php has the
> mysql_connect routine so at this time, I am all ears.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Martin McCormick

Hi Martin,

You referred to C code at the top of your message, but are you actually
looking for a PHP extension that contains the mssql_connection function
so some PHP code runs correctly?  I also have a question whether you're
looking for a PHP extension that connections to a MS SQL server or one
that connects to a MySQL server.  I'm guessing you're trying to connect
to MS SQL.

If so, please install http://www.freshports.org/databases/php5-mssql/,
and you should be all set.  You shouldn't need to install
http://www.freshports.org/databases/php5-mysql/ unless you're trying to
connect to a MySQL server, too.

Hope that helps,
Greg