GUI Suggested?

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 02:07:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/23/10 8:31 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:24:58PM -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
>>>
>>> If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
>>> lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
>>> vim-like (among other things ;-).
>>
>> Why is "written in C" considered such a great benefit by the Scrotwm
>> developer(s)?  Earlier today, I read this on the site:
>>
>>     "On the other hand xmonad has great defaults, key bindings and
>>     xinerama support but is crippled by not being written in C."

hahahahahahaha!

>> What's up with that?  How does Haskell "cripple" xmonad?

In the end, you need not take yourself so seriously.  The thread was
generic enough to allow for some rhetorical flourish. I suggested
something . . . pointed out that is written in C (as did the homepage)
. . .  AND you concluded some sort of insult; not my problem.

Do you need a rim-shot for every joke?