i386 jail on AMD64 system not seeing network. AMD64 jails working
stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:27:56 UTC 2010
I am trying to run a teamspeak server, so I need an i386 jail.
However, the jail seems to have issues with connecting to the network.
* I set up the jail (make clean buildworld install distribution
TARGET=i386 DESTDIR=/data/jail/speak/), and get no errors.
* I mount /data/jail/speak/dev and /data/jail/speak/proc as I would on
an AMD64 jail.
* I copy over my /etc/hosts file, with an entry added for the teamspeak jail
* I copy over my /etc/resolv.conf file
* I set up the rc.conf file with:
#the following are also set on my web and email jails
* I nfs mounts /usr/ports to /data/jail/speak/usr/ports
* I start the jail with "jail -s 2 /data/jail/speak "speak.mydomain"
** The shell starts
* I installed bash and lynx through ports - both have their distfiles
and those of dependencies already downloaded
* I left the jail and came back in with "jail -s 2 /data/jail/speak
"speak.mydomain" 192.168.1.9 /usr/local/bin/bash
Up to this point, there is no trouble.
* I tried installing teamspeak: cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak_server;
make install clean
=> Couldn't fetch it. Please try to retrieve this
=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/teamspeak and try again
*** Error code 1
* I try to connect to either my router or the web server I have at
192.168.1.5 with lynx.
First I get: "Making HTTP connection to 192.168.1.1" (or 192.168.1.5),
and the browser sits there for a while.
This is followed by: Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
* From the base system or either of the other jails, I can connect to either.
* I try the jail again, this time with '-s 0', and I still can't
connect to either site.
The main system conf does not have the jails loaded specifically, I
start the jails manually. The ifconfig setups look like this:
ifconfig_nfe0="inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0"
#we are borg
ifconfig_nfe0_alias0="inet 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias1="inet 192.168.1.4 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias2="inet 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias3="inet 192.168.1.6 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias4="inet 192.168.1.7 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias5="inet 192.168.1.8 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias6="inet 192.168.1.9 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias7="inet 192.168.1.25 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_nfe0_alias8="inet 192.168.1.80 netmask 255.255.255.0"
Anyone know what might be causing this?
More information about the freebsd-questions