this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 15:31:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> Excepting donations != producing results. I will be happy to donate
> $100 US dollars to their fund once they distribute a fully up-to-date
> version of JAVA, not some reworked, deprecated version, that is fully
> compatible with Firefox on FreeBSD. I believe the current version of
> Java is Version 6 Update 21. It simply goes counter to my basic
> business model to contribute any monetary assistance to any open ended
> project.

Did you contribute back when it was up to date?  Or do you contribute now
based on all the other features you find useful in FreeBSD?

So you won't write code, you won't donate money, but constantly complain
about it.  I guess I fail to see the logic in your basic business model.

I've donated fairly regularly, and things I've requested like HA and XEN
support are at least partially here now.  If you're in the US your donations
are tax deductible, at least monetary donations are, so there is even less
argument against donations.

--
Adam Vande More