Browser choices & flash

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Wed Sep 8 09:01:31 UTC 2010

Hi
One of our freebsd systems is a user terminal with desktop. We have constant
difficulties with web browsing on that platform. Here is the data

1. INFO:
System:
freebsd 7.2-RELEASE-p3 - GENERIC  amd64
Desktop:
kde4.5.1
Current installed web browser stuff:
konqueror 4.5.1
epiphany-2.30.2_1
firefox-3.5.11,1
flashplugin-mozilla-0.4.13_5 A GPL standalone Flash (TM) plugin for Mozilla
web browser
kwebkitpart-0.9.6.b1_1 Web browser component for KDE based on QtWebKit
links-0.98,1        Lynx-like text WWW browser
seamonkey-2.0.6     The open source, standards compliant web browser
w3m-0.5.2_4         A pager/text-based WWW browser
webkit-gtk2-1.2.3   An opensource browser engine

2. PROBLEMS
Frequent crashing of all available browsers - seems to be flash related.

3. ADVICE PLEASE
Most reliable browser combination and recomendations of specific port
combinations which can deliver reliable browsing including flash capability.

Thanks in advance

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network