Port update problem?

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Thu Oct 28 17:41:25 UTC 2010

On 10/28/10 17:56, Doug Spangler wrote:
> Fetch the current INDEX as well, that happens when there isn't a proper
> INDEX. Also take a look at the FreeBSD Handbook Chapter 5 and the man
> page for portsnap

The command (it's portsnap wrapped up with start & finish time messages
that can be run from cron) has worked perfectly correctly for weeks,
with no problems. What I'm interested in is why it failed this time when
it seemed to behave no differently from any time before, with no error
messages.

BTW, Handbook contents: 5 The X Window System

Methinks you mean Chapter 4, which I'm familiar with, ditto portsnap. I
switched to using it rather than csup months ago, and it's been
faultless until now. I probably should have copied cperciva on the
initial post.

--
"Although the wombat is real and the dragon is not, few know what a
wombat looks like, but everyone knows what a dragon looks like."

	-- Avram Davidson, _Adventures in Unhistory_