start slapd automatically

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:44:05 UTC 2010

Hey listers,

 I have a quick one for ya.. I am running openLDAP 2.4 server on my
freebsd box and it's coming along nicely.

 But whenever I reboot the box it doesn't start automatically. What's
the best way to accomplish this?

 My /etc/defaults/rc.conf has the following entry:

 local_startup="/usr/local/etc/rc.d" # startup script dirs.

  And slapd is living in the location referenced on that line:

[root at LBSD2:/usr/home/bluethundr]#ls -l /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  3591 Oct  9 21:37 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd

 So I am under the impression that it should be starting there normally.

Thanks for your help!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!