FreeBSD analog of net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Wed Oct 27 11:16:57 UTC 2010

On 10/27/2010 01:11 PM, Bas Smeelen wrote:
> On 10/27/2010 12:49 PM, Antonio Kless wrote:
>
>> *net.inet.tcp.finwait2_timeout* is what I search for, thank you!
>>

>> What is net.inet.tcp.fast_finwait2_recycle=1 ?
>>

> Please do *not* toppost :)
> man 4 tcp
>      fast_finwait2_recycle
>                         Recycle TCP FIN_WAIT_2 connections faster when the
>                         socket is marked as SBS_CANTRCVMORE (no user process
>                         has the socket open, data received on the socket
> 			can-
>                         not be read).  The timeout used here is
>                         finwait2_timeout.

I correct myself, so finwait2_timeout is only used if
fast_finwait2_recycle = 1

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.