Amavisd-new issues..

Justin V. vic at yeaguy.com
Wed Oct 27 08:11:35 UTC 2010

Hello,

I recently attempted to install amavisd-new along with clamd to scan
email.

Here is the guide I used:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/virus-scanning.php

Everything goes fine until its time to start amavisd-new.

It just doesnt start and I do not see anything in the logs to indicate a
problem.

When I issue the command I see no errors, but do not see it running
when I check ps aux

Some output from my device:

[vic at hbca ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD hbca.yeaguy.com 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Oct 25
20:48:05 PDT 2010     vic at hbca.yeaguy.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HBCA  i386

[vic at hbca ~]$ pkg_info | grep amavis
amavisd-new-2.6.4_8,1 Performance-enhanced daemonized version of
amavis-perl

[vic at hbca ~]$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for i386-freebsd-64int

Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

[vic at hbca ~]$ pkg_info | grep perl
amavisd-new-2.6.4_8,1 Performance-enhanced daemonized version of
amavis-perl
p5-DBI-1.615        The perl5 Database Interface.  Required for DBD::*
modules
p5-MIME-Tools-5.428,2 A set of perl5 modules for MIME
p5-Storable-2.21    Persistency for perl data structures
p5-Test-Harness-3.22 Run perl standard test scripts with statistics
perl-5.10.1_1       Practical Extraction and Report Language
[vic at hbca ~]$

Thank you for your time,

jv