Netbooks & BSD

four.harrisons at googlemail.com four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:49:29 UTC 2010

Sorry for top posting - I'm stuck on my phone.

I successfully installed FreeBSD on my Lenovo Ideapad before the memstick image was available by pulling the circuitry guts out of a USB HD and hooking it to a standard internal IDE CD-ROM. Wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Best avoiding Ideapads generally though because of ACPI issues.

Peter Harrison
www.4harrisons.blogspot.com