My mail server flagged spam!

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Oct 21 00:52:31 UTC 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Marwan Sultan wrote:
> Hello list..
>
>  Well! im kinda lost here..
>  I have like 8 domains hosted in my server. FreeBSD 7.2R, sendmail, openwebmail, spamassassin, milter all installed.
>
>  I have few customers complaining that thier emails (the domain they send from) to hotmail/yahoo..etc..
>  flagged as spam! i have googled and found most of problems about forward, reverse DNS.
>  for me PTR, reverse DNS matchs the domain name. all the 8 domains matchs reverse, PTR.

Since you didn't provide an example DSN or even anonymized logs of a bounce, we can't guess-- in general you'd discuss a specific bounce message with the postmaster of site which bounced it.  As for hotmail.com, they can't even be bothered to make postmaster@ work:

  http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=hotmail.com

...which means they're sufficiently broken that you should expect mail failures.

Regards,
--
-Chuck