Is it a good idea to use DHCP for point to point connections ?

Jerome Herman jherman at dichotomia.fr
Thu Oct 14 13:14:13 UTC 2010

Le 13/10/2010 22:25, Elliot Finley a écrit :
> we did this with DSL customers.  But instead of using a unique gateway for
> each Client, just use IP Unnumbered and proxy arp for your loopback
> interface.

I was about to say that this solution seemed extremely sensitive to
spoofing. But I figured out that my solution was not necessarily better.
Looks like I will have to go for hardware solution after all...
I am currently checking on Cisco private vlan system. But I am not a big
fan of Cisco (Well to be perfectly honest I love the hardware...). Does
anyone know of an alternative ?

Jerome Herman