migrating to openldap

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:23:23 UTC 2010

Actually, I was trying this as root on FBSD.. so therefore I was using
csh.. but that's 6 of one half dozen of the other.

At any rate, your suggestion WORKED!! THANK YOU a ton man, this really
helped!!  :)))

LBSD2# setenv LDAP_BASEDN "dc=summitnjhome,dc=com"
You have new mail.
LBSD2# echo $LDAP_BASEDN
dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
LBSD2# rm /home/bluethundr/txt/ldif/base.ldif
LBSD2# ./migrate_base.pl > /home/bluethundr/txt/ldif/base.ldif
LBSD2# less /home/bluethundr/txt/ldif/base.ldif
dn: dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
dc: summitnjhome
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain

dn: ou=Hosts,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
ou: Hosts
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Rpc,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
ou: Rpc
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Services,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
ou: Services
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: nisMapName=netgroup.byuser,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
nismapname: netgroup.byuser
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMap

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!