migrating to openldap

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:33:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

 I am attempting to migrate my local user setup to openldap under
FreeBSD 8.1. My server is currently running nicely.

 At the moment, sudoers is imported into openldap-server24. But
services that authenticate through PAM (such as su and ssh) are
currently not working.

 I notice that the CentOS version of openldap24 has a really nice set
of perl scripts suited to this purpose.

 So I rsynced them over to my BSD box in the hopes of using them.

 LBSD2# ls
README				migrate_group.pl
migrate_aliases.pl		migrate_hosts.pl
migrate_all_netinfo_offline.sh	migrate_netgroup.pl
migrate_all_netinfo_online.sh	migrate_netgroup_byhost.pl
migrate_all_nis_offline.sh	migrate_netgroup_byuser.pl
migrate_all_nis_online.sh	migrate_networks.pl
migrate_all_nisplus_offline.sh	migrate_passwd.pl
migrate_all_nisplus_online.sh	migrate_profile.pl
migrate_all_offline.sh		migrate_protocols.pl
migrate_all_online.sh		migrate_rpc.pl
migrate_automount.pl		migrate_services.pl
migrate_base.pl			migrate_slapd_conf.pl
migrate_common.ph		migration-tools.txt
migrate_fstab.pl

What one needs to do is set an environment variable for your base DN
and then run the scripts.

LBSD2# echo $DEFAULT_BASE
dc=summitnjhome,dc=com

LBSD2# ./migrate_base.pl > /home/bluethundr/txt/base.ldif

But for some reason the scripts running under BSD don't see the base
dn that i set, whereas when I run them under CentOS they do.

 Now, I could edit the resulting file by hand, but that isn't a very
practical solution. Does anyone know if there are either existing
FreeBSD versions of these migration scripts or have a tip for helping
me get these to run under FreeBSD?

Thanks!!!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!