mouse problems....

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Tue Oct 12 07:43:46 UTC 2010

On 10/11/10 18:31, Polytropon wrote:
[snip]
> The psm device can be configured per /etc/rc.conf using moused.
> While USB mice get configured by the USB subsystem automatically,
> PS/2 and serial mice do not.
>
> Here's an example entry:
>
> 	moused_enable="YES"
> 	moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> 	moused_flags="-z 4"
> 	moused_type="auto"

I'm not sure that bit about PS/2 mice not being configured automatically
is true. I run 8.1-RELEASE-p1 on amd64 with a PS/2 mouse and my
/etc/rc.conf contains

moused_enable="NO"
moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
moused_type="NO"

and X has no problem seeing the mouse. OK, I don't have a mouse in
console mode, but that's a personal foible of mine. (Well, ASR33s didn't
have mice did they? :-)

--
"Although the wombat is real and the dragon is not, few know what a
wombat looks like, but everyone knows what a dragon looks like."

	-- Avram Davidson, _Adventures in Unhistory_