Like it or not, Theo is having a good laugh ..

bdsfbsd at att.net bdsfbsd at att.net
Sun Oct 10 13:40:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:47:04 -0400, Rob Farmer <rfarmer at predatorlabs.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 05:30, Henry Olyer <henry.olyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure which writer said it, but whoever it is who started that
>> paragraph with "Kinda wish you..." you sir are the problem.  Not just a
>> problem for us FreeBSDer's, but also for American's.
>
> While we are analyzing people's behavior, please don't top-post.
>

>> You probably don't see yourself that way.  I understand that.  But what
>> you
>> are doing is surrilous.  That's when instead of making the points
>> underlying
>
> "Surrilous" isn't an English word, nor an obvious typo of one, so I
> have no idea what you mean here.
>
>> your position you resort to name calling and bad mouthing.
>
> Any "name calling" I may have done was only after many other people
> did it first - the only difference is every message I've sent has the
> list CC'd.
>

>> Disagree?  Well, re-read what you wrote.  See what I mean?
>
> I *still* see no explaination of why the EAR doesn't apply or why I am
> wrong - just tangents about my world view, etc. The only other person
> who actually addressed the issue of US export laws, Robert Bonomi,
> largely agreed with me. Is this an overly restrictive and outdated
> law? Probably, but it still exists.

Rob, you are not the person that wrote "Kinda wish you...", right? So
Henry's comments weren't directed at you? I'm just sayin'..

As for this thread, I am so like OMG, whatever, dude. Seriously.

Do we need a separate list for licensing issues and amateur lawyer-ball?
Because when it comes to legal opinions and forming license policy, I am
not believing a word I read on this list. Some people may be right, some
most certainly are not, but this is definitely not the forum for the
discussion. Perhaps people interpret the word "questions" differently.
Basically Theo did some bald-faced trolling -- in jest, mind you -- on a
separate list, and that got imported to this list for more trollish fun.
Enjoy.

Brian