Like it or not, Theo has a point... freebsd is shipping export-restricted software in the core

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Oct 7 03:16:47 UTC 2010

Jung-uk> Please stop the FUD.  ACPICA is actually triple-licensed, i.e.,
Jung-uk> generic Intel software license, (three-clause) BSD-like license, and
Jung-uk> GPLv2.

[...]

Jung-uk> Historically FreeBSD never touched the license header.  However, I am
Jung-uk> going to do it next time to avoid confusions.

Then. Please. Do.

I would have never brought this up (nor would the OpenBSD list before
me) if the right license was here.

Geez.  What a wasted amount of effort.  If anything to be learned from
here, it's use the right boilerplate when you include something into the
distro.

Otherwise, smart people will react to license notices because yes
indeed, THESE MATTER.