Massive portupgrade without being interrupted by configuration screens?

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 17:21:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I was of the opinion, and I could be wrong, that setting 'BATCH=yes'
> simply stopped the build process from attempting to create an options
> file; however, it would use an existing one if it was present. Perhaps
> someone with more intimate knowledge of this would care to comment. I
> say this because I have used the BATCH technique once I had all of my
> ports configured the way I wanted. Subsequent updates always appeared to
> use any existing configuration files.

That approach doesn't really make a lot of sense if non-fault options aren't
suitable for you.  Once you set the port options, the options screen doesn't
appear anyway(BATCH=no) unless options have changed.  With your usage, a
port with non-standard options could be changed, and your build wouldn't be
what you expect it to be.

--
Adam Vande More