router / firewall with PF and carp.

Kevin Wilcox kevin.wilcox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:34:16 UTC 2010

On 1 October 2010 10:16, Daniel Bye
<freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 09:40:56AM -0400, Kevin Wilcox wrote:

>> Krad, I was under the impression that 'audit' from TrustedBSD is built
>> into FreeBSD. Is there a facility in OpenBSD that is "better" or is
>> there something in 'audit' that is lacking?

> I think krad is referring to the well-publicised code audit that the OpenBSD
> project conducts, rather than the TrustedBSD audit framework. As far as I
> know, OpenBSD doesn't have anything comparable, but it's a long time since I
> looked at it, so I might be typing out of me ear...

Dan, that makes perfect sense. I'm working up a BSD presentation for
the local LUG next week and the latest compare/contrast I was working
on was SELinux/GrSecurity/Pax versus TrustedBSD; my brain immediately
parsed auditing as an audit trail, not the immense code audit for the
base system.

Thanks for the reality check!!

kmw