pkg_add fail on FreeBSD V8.0

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 20:39:30 UTC 2010

OK, another show stopper for me, but probably a simple fix for the
wise on list.

FreeBSD V8.0 that I'm slowley getting to know (and beginning to like!)

FreeBSD FBSD.67MK181QZ 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Wed Apr 14
22:55:09 BST 2010
root at FBSD.67MK181QZ:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PPSGENERIC  i386

Looking to install the Hiawatha webserver, but got this when I tried...

pkg_add -r hiawatha

Error: Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-
release/Latest/hiawatha.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found,
no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-
release/Latest/hiawatha.tbz' by URL

It worked ok on a V8.1 box I threw together for testing things during the
works lunch hour. So, can I (and how) get this version to use I guess the
8.1 repository, or how do I cleanly update this to 8.1, though to
maintain my needed PPS support I guess I'll need to recompile the kernel
again? Is the change from V8.0 to V8.1 realy that a big step?

Or compile Hiawatha from sources?  (I *Will* need guidance and hand-
holding to do that!)

Advice please, before I mess things up.

Regards.

Dave B.