spamassassin config help

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Nov 17 16:03:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:42:51 +0000 (UTC)
AN <andy at neu.net> wrote:

> I just setup a new mailserver on 8-stable using sendmail with
> Spamassassin and ClamAv.  Spam is being identified correctly, but it
> is being delivered to users inbox.  Would someone please suggest some
> good documentation to configure mail marked as spam to a different
> directory. Are there any scripts or tools to configure Spamassassin?
> Where is the spamassassin config file?  Thanks in advance for any
> help.

SpamAssassin just tags spam - you'd need to use procmail or something
like it to move mail into different directories depending on the
X-Spam-Level and/or X-Spam-Status headers.

The spamassassin config lives in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin, and
the spamassassin site has lots of documentation.

See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DeletingAllMailsMarkedSpam for
more information about filtering spam into different directories.

--
Bruce Cran