Rebuilding perl with threads

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Tue Nov 16 20:33:14 UTC 2010

Hello!

I'm in a process of installing a new server. I have already built and
installed a lot of ports over the past weeks, and now that I'm almost
done I discovered that one of the last things I need to install
(misc/amanda-server) needs Perl installed with threads support,
whereas I have it installed without threads.

For this kind of change, is it safe to reinstall just the Perl port,
or do I also need to rebuild all ports that depend on Perl? That would
be a *lot* of rebuilding. The version I currently have installed is
perl-5.12.2_2, lang/perl5.12 seems to currently be at 5.12_4.

--
Toomas Aas