LSI 9211 driver

Gergely CZUCZY gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu
Mon Nov 15 17:19:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'd like to ask when can we expect a driver for the LSI 9211 hardware?
That is, the following device:
none13 at pci0:4:0:0:      class=0x010700 card=0x30501000 chip=0x00721000
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00 vendor     = 'LSI Logic (Was: Symbios Logic, NCR)'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = SAS

I've tried to add the cardID to the mfi(4) and mpt(4) drivers, but the
most I could get, is a failed initalization.

If any devs supposed to add properly the device to any of the drivers,
I should be able to arrange access to this device for the time of the
development.

Please be so kind to reply to any known developers of these drivers, if
they might not read these mailing lists, in order to get a working
driver for this card (been seen google hits on many missing the support
for this driver).

Drivers for linux and solars are availabe on LSI.com, but not for fbsd.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Gergely

--