FreeBSD on Rackspace Could

Tom Worster fsb at thefsb.org
Sat Nov 13 16:34:22 UTC 2010

On 11/13/10 8:57 AM, "Wojciech Puchar" <wojtek at tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>> different Windowses they offer.
>>
>> But ultimately their decision will depend on market interest.
>>
>> Here's the contact info if you want to voice your interest:
>>
>>  http://www.rackspacecloud.com/aboutus/contact
>>

>> A Xen expert says you could order a Windows VM and overwrite it with 64
>> bit FreeBSD and that will work but it's not the ideal solution.
>>
>the ideal solution is not to use VM-style services at all.
>i'm not sure in what country you live but getting a place with usable
>network where you can put your own computer isn't even a problem in
>Poland which is said to have poor connectivity

in my situation, the ideal solution is not dedicated servers. that's what
i'm using now and implementing the fault tolerance, high availability and
load sharing requirements is very expensive this way. the RS could
_appears_ (from my reading of the sales blurbs) to allow me to get much
farther down that road within the current budget.