sysinstall install.cfg

vrwmiller at gmail.com vrwmiller at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:42:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Hoping that someone might be able to help me here. I dynamically generate
much of the install.cfg by running scripts that send output to files that
are, in turn, loaded into install.cfg utilizing loadConfig. The scripts
that are run are placed into the mfsroot in /stand and /. They send the
output to /a.

I do this twice before the installCommit and both scripts run and load the
resulting configs successfully. I also run another script after the
InstallComit...it fails citing the script could not be found. In
troubleshooting, I found that sysinstall is removing /stand and doing other
stuff to / and /var. So, I know why the script cannot be found...because
sysinstall is removing it.

The question I have then is how can I get around this? I attempted putting
the script above the installCommit, but the functions being performed here
require that the base system already be in place (I'm adding packages). It
seems that I have little choice, but to have this after the installCommit.
Unfortunately, sysinstall wipes it out.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.