Tips for installing windows and freeBSD both.. anyone??

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Nov 8 10:22:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:00:59 +0100
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:43:01 +0000, Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk>
> wrote:
> > [...] I do think a well-designed GUI can increase productivity by
> > bringing things together that would otherwise be separate.
>
> Yes. Plain YES. I'm just waiting for the GUI that actually DOES
> that. :-)

Try KDevelop. It brings together an editor, file manager,
debugger, etc. into a single application.  Similarly I find the KDE
file manager can increase productivity for _certain_ things such as
working on a remote filesystem (via ssh/samba/ftp) because it brings
ssh/ftp functionality to a file manager. I do still find it more
efficient to use the command-line when working locally though :)

--
Bruce Cran